Holidays & Events
information regarding our Tuscany Trip for May 2018. Or enquire to Samantha Armstrong.
New Event: Open to non Nordic Walking members as well as members.
Wellness Workshop – Nutrition for Healthy Living:
Sam Armstrong, Nordic Walking Instructor, Fitness and Wellbeing enthusiast and Emma Stanley, a nutritional therapist, wellness coach and health enthusiast are working together to bring a Nutritional Workshop morning to you. On Saturday, October 28th 2017 at 11am in Mugginton Village Hall we invite you to learn more about food, what you eat, how it affects your body, focusing on basic nutrition for health, healthy eating as opposed to dieting. Learning about the negative cycles of eating habits and so much more.
See below for a summary of what to expect:
• The basics – the role of protein, fats, carbs and phytonutrients and healthy examples
• What the average plate should look like
• Tips and tricks on how to make healthy eating part of your life
• What to look out for on packets and in supermarkets (ingredients list, additives etc
• Healthy alternatives to ‘normal, unhealthy’ foods eg chocolate!
• Meal examples
• Recipe demonstrations including smoothies, cheesy sauce with courgette and chocolate brownie
This workshop is open to the public so please mention it to family or friends. However, it is all pre-booking via Sam’s Nordic Walking booking system or, if not a member please contact Sam for tickets on 07860 478409. The workshop will last for approx. 90 minutes with an allocated time of 30 minutes for questions afterwards.
Cost £17.50 Pre-paid tickets available via Sam or book online email@example.com